- 3lb venison loin, cut into 1″ chunks (an equivalent amount of preground meat will also work, organic beef would work fine as well)
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Handful of fresh rosemary
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp Hungarian “Hot” Paprika
- 1/2 cup cream (coconut cream could also be used)
- 1/2 cup broth (water works too in a pinch)
- 3-4 tbsp yucca powder (also known as tapioca starch)
- 1/2 head red or green cabbage (shredded)
- 2 tbsp organic butter or lard
Melt butter or lard in a large saucepan. Add cabbage and saute at medium heat.
Using a meat grinder, grind venison along with rosemary and garlic.
Add ground venison to the sauteed cabbage. When the venison has cooked through, add paprika, cream, broth and yucca powder. Mix thoroughly and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to “low” and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.