- 1 lb organic ground buffalo
- 1 large sweet potato – peeled & cubed into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion – diced
- 3 garlic cloves – minced
- 1 jalapeno – seeded & diced
- 1 4oz. can diced green chiles
- 1/2 of a 15oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 T. cumin,
- 1/2 tsp. paprika,
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1 T. chili powder,
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne,
- 1/4 tsp. salt,
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro – chopped,
- 1 T. coconut oil for cooking
Brown your ground meat in a stock pot. Once browned remove it with a slotted spoon leaving any drippings in the pot.
Add the coconut oil and cook the sweet potatoes for about 5 minutes stirring often. Add the onion and continue cooking until sweet potatoes are fork tender
Add the garlic, jalapeno, and green chiles and cook for another 2 minutes.
Next add remaining ingredients except for cilantro.
Let simmer for about 10 minutes so that the flavors can meld together.
Stir in the cilantro right before serving.