- 3 Med. Poblano chiles (stemmed, seeded, chopped)
- 2 Med. jalepeno peppers, chopped
- One whole yellow onion, chopped
- 3 lb free range organic boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and cut into cubes, 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1 large Leek, white only, chopped
- 6 Cloves of garlic, passed through press
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin, 2 Tbsp oregano, lemon and lime juice
- 2 Tbsp dried basil, 1 tsp rosemary, cilantro
- 1 Tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil), salt, pepper
- 8c. gluten free organic low sodium chicken stock (you can use water.)
Precook chicken (or use leftovers).
In a large dutch oven, place 1 tbsp olive oil and all veggies/onions/garlic and spices. Cook 10 min til onions are translucent.
Add chicken and 6-8 Cups of cooking liquid. I usually use 4c broth (thats the size they come in) and 2-4 c. water.
Cook on medium low for 30-40 min. Add squirt of lemon and lime juice and sprinkle some cilantro, add green onions to top of each bowl and serve hot. YUM!
(Pictured with Cannelini beans. After going Paleo, I omitted these:))