- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1.5 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1.5 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced-I like mine in circles!
- 1 package of thinly sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Grab a large mixing bowl and add your beef and spices. Mix well to combine.
Heat a medium skillet up and add your coconut oil. Add in your onions and stir a bit to help cover the onions in oil, then add a tablespoon or so of water and cover to help steam the onions.
As the onions begin to brown, grab out a large skillet and add your olive oil to warm up under medium-high heat for your sliders.
Form your sliders into small patties. Mine were about 2-3 inches wide once i pressed them down. Add to hot skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes on both sides.
As the sliders are cooking, keep stirring around the onions to help make sure they don’t burn. When they have cooked for about 6-8 minutes, add mushrooms and re-cover with a tablespoon of water.
Once the sliders are done cooking, set them aside while you finish the onions and mushrooms.
Once the mushrooms and onions are almost cooked through, add your balsamic vinegar and mix to combine.
Top your cooked sliders off with some ground mustard (why the hell wouldn’t you use mustard) and the onions and mushrooms. This meal will not disappoint!