- 2.5-3lb organic pork shoulder roast
- 1-13.66 oz can of coconut milk (I like the Thai Kitchen brand)
- 1-6 oz. can tomato paste (just check ingredients and make sure it’s 100% tomato, no sugar)
- 3-5 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger (I used about 1 tablespoon fresh from the squeezable tube-LOVE that stuff!)
- 4-6 tablespoons curry powder
- 1&1/2 teaspoons Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 shallot, minced
- Two bell peppers chopped (I used one yellow, one red),
- .5 oz (1/2 a package) of dried Shitake mushrooms (optional),
- 1/2 cup broth or water (I used water)
Mix coconut milk, tomato paste, garlic, spices, shallot, peppers, mushrooms (optional) and water/broth in a bowl until creamy.
Remove fat from pork and place pork roast in crock pot. Pour coconut milk mixture over roast and make sure it’s all coated.
Cover and cook in crock pot on low for 6-8 hours. Shred and eat!