- 4lbs Grass Fed Beef Short Ribs
- 1 cup Chameleon Cold Brew Coffee or your choice of brewed coffee
- 1 large yellow onion, rougly sliced
- 4 dried ancho chiles, stems and seeds removed
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
- salt and pepper, to taste
Place dried ancho chiles in a bowl and cover with hot water. Let sit for around 20-30 minutes until soft.
Add your softened ancho chiles, brewed coffee, garlic cloves, honey, olive oil, lime and salt and pepper in your food processor and puree.
Place onions in the bottom of your crockpot and add your water or broth.
Stack your short ribs on top of onions then pour your coffee-ancho chile sauce on top.
Top with a bit more salt.
Cover and let cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 5-7 hours.
Be ready for that meat to fall off the bone your onions to more caramelized than you’ve ever seen before! Boom!