- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- 8 eggs
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup ham, julienne sliced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- Combine burger ingredients in a large bowl and use your hands to thoroughly combine. Divide mixture into 6 patties.
- On a preheated grill, grill pan, or broiler, cook burgers until they reach your desired degree of doneness. Set aside and keep warm.
- To make omlette, warm 1 Tbsp fat in a large skillet. Add onions, mushrooms, ham, and pepper. Saute for 4-5 minutes or until onion becomes clear and pepper and mushroom are cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Scramble eggs in a small bowl. Add more fat to skillet, if needed, then pour half of the eggs into the skillet. Swirl the skillet, if necessary, to make sure the egg is in an even layer. When eggs are almost cooked through, add half of ham mixture to one side of the egg and fold empty side of egg over the top. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Remove from skillet and keep warm. Repeat process to make second omlette.
- To serve, place one patty on each plate. Cut each omlette in half and place on top of burgers. Great served with spicy sweet potato fries.