Looking to strengthen your abs? One of the most effective ways to do this is on an exercise ball. Crunches on the floor involves the legs more while on the ball your abs do more work. To do this exercise at home or at the gym start by:
- Lie on the ball, positioning it under the lower back.
- Cross your arms over the chest or place them behind your head.
- Contract your abs to lift your torso off the ball, pulling the bottom of your ribcage down toward your hips.
- As you curl up, keep the ball stable (i.e., the ball shouldn’t roll).
- Lower back down, getting a stretch in the abs, and repeat for 1-3 sets of 12-16 reps.
Keep up the hard work and you will begin to see a flatter stomach and stronger abs!