Celebrity icon Jessica Biel is known for her perfectly toned body. So many might ask how she stays in such great shape. Here’s a little insight into Jessica Biel’s Personal Workout Routine, and how you too can get on the right track to a fit and healthy body.
Jessica starts with a specific stretch called the walking lunge. To do this stretch stand straight keeping your feet together, and lunge forward with your left leg. Bring your right leg forward to meet your left and then lunge with your left leg. Repeat the same sequence for 8-10 lunges each leg.
Cardio training is another key element to Jessica’s workout. After her basic lunges she does a half mile jog, and a 200 meter sprint on the track, a 100 meter sprint, and then a 50 meter sprint.
Next Jessica does hanging leg raises to work her abdominal muscles. Hang from a high bar or rings with your feet not touching the floor. Then, pull your knees just above the waist, hold for 2 seconds and release. Do these 15 times to complete.
She then moves to plyometrics. These are not the most enjoyable exercises, but they are key to toning the body. Start at the bottom of a set of stairs, and jump from the bottom stair up to the third step. Keep doing this all the way to the top of the flight of stairs until you reach the top (skipping one stair every jump).
Jessica’s weight training is fairly basic. She uses light weights to tone the body, and more reps. To focus on her waist she uses a 5 pound medicine ball for the Russian Twist. Sitting down on the floor you lean back slightly and twist side to side. She does 3 sets of fifteen.
For the finish she works on her biceps and shoulder muscles. Standing with your knees slightly bent, and a 10 pound weight in each hand, curl them up to your chest continuously. Switch hands with your palms facing outwards, and then press them together over your head. Do 10-12 reps for 3 sets.
Although this is Jessica’s basic workout, she does vary her activities from time to time. She spends a lot of time walking her dog, and playing sports activities for fun, which keeps her active. Even walking your dog can burn over 180 calories an hour, so it is definitely the first step to getting in shape!
Jessica Biel’s Workout:
- Stretch: One of her favorite warm-ups is the walking lunge. “This stretches the larger leg and glute muscles,” says Walsh. How-to: With feet together, lunge first with right leg. Bring left foot alongside right. Lunge with left. Do 8-10 per leg.
- Cardio: “It’s the cardio that leans her out,” says Walsh. After a ½-mile jog, they hit the track for two 200-meter, 150-meter and 100-meter sprints.
- Core: “Hanging leg raises don’t build a six-pack, but they flatten,” says Walsh. “Jessica hates them, but she powers through!” How-to: Hanging from a high bar or rings, pull knees up slightly above waist. Do three sets of 15 repetitions.
- Plyometrics: “These hurt,” says Walsh of stair jumping. “Even athletes hate them. After Jessica did these the first time, she would’ve punched me if she had the energy.” How-to: Jump from the bottom step of a flight of at least 20 stairs to the third. Keep going, skipping a stair each jump.
- Weight Training: “We tend to use lighter weights and do more reps,” he says. “We keep moving, so it becomes a cardio workout too.”
- For the waist: They do the Russian Twist. Sit down and lean back slightly. Hold a 5-lb. medicine ball and twist from side to side, 15 twists per side, three reps.
- For shoulders/biceps: Stand with knees slightly bent. Hold 10-lb. weights in each hand. Curl to chest. Rotate hands, palms face outward. Press overhead together. Do 3 sets of 10-12 reps.
Want to find out about Jessica’s diet and new year’s resolution too, then read more
Jessica Biel’s Diet:
- “Clean foods” those that aren’t processedare on the menu Walsh created. “She eats complex carbs at the beginning of the day,” he says, “and tapers off by the end.”
- Breakfast: 1 cup of oatmeal with handful of berries.
- Snack: 1 slice whole wheat toast, 1-1 ½ tbsp. of almond butter and sliced bananas on top.
- Lunch: Salad with 5-6 oz of chicken, vinaigrette dressing.
- Snack: A banana, apple or strawberries.
- Dinner: 6oz. of fish, plate full of veggies, 1/2 cup of low-glycemic basmati rice. Sweets A couple of pieces of dark chocolate.
Jessica Biel’s New Year’s Resolution:
- “Stop eating cheese and start eating kale. I eat way too much cheese. Kale is good for you and delicious with a little garlic.”
Personal Power Training
Professional Fitness Trainer