- 4 slices of nitrate free bacon
- 4 cups of green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 tsp freshly chopped or dried oregano
- 1 tsp freshly chopped or dried basil
- 1/2 tsp freshly chopped or dried dill
- juice of 1/2 lemon, salt and pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
While the water is heating up, heat a large pan over medium heat. Once hot, place the bacon slices in the pan. Cook until crispy, turning often (about 6-8 minutes). Remove bacon from pan and set pan, including bacon fat, aside for later use.
When water begins to boil, add beans and simmer for 3-4 minutes until tender. Drain water from pot.
Return the pan with reserved bacon fat to medium heat. Add garlic, sliced onion and green beans. Cook, stirring occasionally for 6-8 minutes, until beans begin to brown.
While the beans are cooking and the bacon has cooled enough to handle, crumble the bacon.
After beans have started to brown, add bacon, pistachios, raisins, oregano, basil and dill. Stir well and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper and serve!