For the chicken
- 2lbs organic free range chicken tenders
- 1 lb bacon, nitrate free (check the packaging for added sugar)
- 8-10 tablespoons garlic powder (that’s a guess, I just used a butt load)
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper
For the Mango Drizzle
- 2 ripe mango’s
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
Heat up your grill!
Grab out your skewers. If you are using wood ones, soak them in water before you grill so they don’t burn.
First you will pierce an end of a piece of bacon through a skewer to help the bacon wrapping part an easier process.
Now cut your chicken tenders in half and push them lengthwise onto your skewers. I fit about 1 chicken tender (2 halves) on one skewer.
Next, wrap your bacon around the chicken then pierce the other end of the bacon through the skewer.
When all your skewers are wrapped up nice and happy in a bacon blanket, pull out either a long cookie sheet or baking pan to pour your spices in.
Pour your spices out on the baking sheet, mix them together, then roll your skewers in the spices until the chicken and bacon are covered in them
Place skewers on your grill to cook, turning them over after about 5-6 minutes.
While the skewers cook, pull out a food processor or blender. Add all the ingredients for the mango drizzle and process it. Taste before you serve to make sure it’s the flavor you like.
Once the skewers are done, serve along side your mango glaze. We dipped. Like chicken nugget style.
We also served our skewers next to some grilled zucchini and squash. Good idea. Good.