- 2 lb grass-fed ground beef (or another ground meat of your choice)
- ½ cup green olives with pimentos, sliced
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers (I used 3 large pieces from jar), diced
- ¼ cup green onion, minced
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato, diced
- 1/8 cup banana pepper (I used 2 pieces from jar) OR 2 pepperocini peppers, diced with seeds
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (I used jarred)
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp tarragon
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- Poached eggs
- Tomato slices
- Avocado slices
Spinach sautéed in coconut or olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper.
In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine all ingredients, through salt and pepper.
Form mixture into approximately 9 patties.
Lightly drizzle olive oil over patties and lightly coat both sides, using your hands or a brush.
Grill on a medium high grill or grill pan to your desired degree of doneness.
Poach eggs by cracking them into a large, shallow pan of boiling water (add a little bit of white vinegar to help keep the eggs from spreading. Remove when eggs rise to the top and the whites solidify, preferable leaving the yolks soft. You may also fry the eggs—your call.
Top each burger with 1 – 2 thin slices of tomato, 1 poached egg (my husband likes 2), and several thin slices of avocado fanned on top. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve on top of sautéed spinach or alone. Either way, enjoy!