- 2 lbs organic free range chicken, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1-2 jalapenos, seeded and minced (depending how spicy you want it)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1-1.5 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 (4 oz) can green chiles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
Grab a large soup pot, put over medium heat, and add your olive oil and minced garlic.
Once the garlic is fragrant, add your chicken to begin to cook down. Mix as needed with a wooden spoon to cook on both sides.
Once your chicken is half way cooked through, add in your peppers, onions, jalapeños, and green chiles. Mix together and let cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Now add your chicken broth and coconut milk, along with all of your spices.
Cover and let simmer for about 5-7 minutes to let the flavors meld together.