- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 3 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 4 cups raw slivered almonds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup liquified coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw organic honey
- 3 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried fruit
Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well to ensure ingredients are evenly distributed.
In a medium bowl, add wet ingredients and whisk together until well combined.
Mix the wet ingredients thoroughly into the dry ingredients.
Divide the mixture in a thin layer onto two rimmed baking sheets. It will fill about 1 and 1/2 jelly roll pans.
Press mixture down with your hands or the back of a large spoon.
Bake until lightly toasted, approximately 1 hour. Remove pans from oven and gently stir the mixture with a large spoon. Carefully return warm pans to the oven and continue to cook for another 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and stir in optional ingredients, if desired. Let the mixture cool completely in the pans.
To store, place a folded paper towel (to absorb any excess coconut oil) in the bottom of a lidded storage container. Add paleo crunch to container and cover. Enjoy plain or with coconut or almond milk.