- 1.5 lbs grass fed beef
- 1.5lbs ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow onion, 1/2 diced, 1/2 cut into strips
- 1 (14 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock (or water)
- 1 (7 oz) can green chiles
- 1/2 can black olives
- 7 teaspoons taco seasonings* (I know it’s a lot, quick complaining)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees then pull out a 9 x 13 glass dish to have ready for your meat.
Grab a large mixing bowl, add your pork and beef, eggs, 1/2 diced onion, and 3 teaspoons of taco seasonings. Mix thoroughly.
Now add your mixed meat to the glass dish and press down evenly throughout the dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
While the meat is baking, first cook up your fajita veggies. Pull out a large skillet, add a bit of fat to it and add your sliced veggies in along with 1 teaspoon of taco seasonings. Mix around and cover to let some steam work it’s magic.
And while the veggies cook down, pull out a medium sized saucepan to make your sauce. Add your tomato paste, chicken stock, green chiles, and 3 teaspoons of taco seasonings. Then taste and add salt and pepper as needed. The chicken stock is used to thin it out so add more if you need to.
Once your meat is cooked through, top the cooked meat with sauce and your fajita vegetables and throw some of the olives on top.
Add to the oven with the broiler on. Do not let your oven door fall off.
Cook for about 5-8 minutes or until the topping are cooked to perfection.