- 2 large sweet potatoes or the equivalent in smaller potatoes (about 2 pounds total), thoroughly washed, dried, and halved lengthwise
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 Tbsp bacon fat
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 green onions
Paleo Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup paleo mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Place bacon on a cooling rack placed in a large rimmed baking sheet.
Place sweet potatoes on another baking sheet, rub with a little olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
Place both pans in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are soft and bacon is crispy.
Remove from oven, Scoop flesh out of potatoes, reserving half of the flesh for another use.
Finely chop bacon and mix it in with the remaining potato flesh. Add 1 Tbsp bacon fat and mix well.
Return bacon mixture to sweet potato shells and return to oven. Broil for 2 minute or until nicely crisped. Remove, slice crosswise into serving pieces and garnish with paleo ranch dressing and chopped green onions.