- 6 poblano peppers, seeded
- 1 lb organic ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 (6 oz) can diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons Cholula (or other hot sauce)
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Fat of choice, for cooking
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Heat up a large skillet with some fat over medium-high heat.
Add your garlic until the smell becomes fragrant, then add your diced onions. Let the onions cook down until they become translucent.
Add your ground beef to cook down.
Once your ground beef is turning brown, add the rest of your ingredients, minus the poblano peppers.
While the flavors meld, cut the tops off of the poblanos and rinse the inside and out to get rid of the extra seeds. Cut a slit down the side of them and stuff them with the cook meat.
Place them on a covered baking sheet (I covered mine with foil) and bake for 20-25 minutes of until the poblanos begin to blister and soften.