21 Positive Attitudes
- NO ONE can ruin your day without YOUR permission.
2. Most people will be about as happy, as they decide to be.
3. Others can stop you temporarily, but only YOU can do it permanently.
4. Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.
5. Success stops … when you do.
6. When your ship comes in…. make sure you are willing to unload it.
7. You will never "have it all together."
8. Life is a journey not a destination. Enjoy the trip!
9. The biggest lie on the planet: "When I get what I want, I will be happy."
10. The best way to escape your problem is to solve it.
11. I’ve learned that ultimately, ‘takers’ lose and ‘givers’ WIN.
12. Life’s precious moments don’t have value, unless they are shared.
13. If you don’t start, it’s certain you won’t arrive.
14. We often fear the thing we want the most.
15. He or she who laughs — lasts.
16. Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints.
17. Look for opportunities not guarantees.
18. Life is "what’s coming" NOT what was.
19. Success is getting up one more time.
20. NOW is the most interesting time of all.
21. When things go wrong don’t go with them.
Thots are Things
Patients and doctors as well foretell their futures by their thought processes. Consider putting the following in a presentation piece on your office stationery for presentation to patients as appropriate. This may sound too simple, but IT WORKS!
Thoughts Are Things
How often have you heard a patient say, "I’m just getting old," and you look at the individual, who’s only 40 years of age, and laugh. It’s amazing that someone can say that, yet listen to people and you hear negative comments all day long. What do you hear? "I’m not thinking clearly today." "Boy, I’m tired!" "I’ll probably catch a cold." "I can’t afford that," etc., etc., etc.
Unfortunately, more often than not these factors become true because thoughts are things. We become what our thought patterns are. You can largely mold your life by creating a thought pattern of what you want to be, do, and achieve. If you want to be without work and income, think constantly about how nice it’s going to be Saturday and Sunday when you don’t have to work. If you want to be mentally lethargic, constantly think, "I can’t think clearly today. I’m tired." If you want to be miserable about the weather, think about how bad it is.
Norman Vincent Peale changed the lives of thousands of individuals with his book, The Power of Positive Thinking. Many persons have created huge financial returns as a result of reading Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow Rich. The self-help books consistently center around two thoughts: a positive attitude, and the development of a plan of goals to follow. Think, say, and act what you want to become. To be happy, act happy; to be creative, concentrate on your successes; to be energetic, act energetic. Your thought process is what you will become, because thoughts are things!