- ~3-4lb venison tenderloin
- 3-4 cloves garlic (smashed)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbps coconut oil
- Hass avocado (sliced)
- 2 tbsp Thai Red Curry paste (I prefer the Thai Kitchen variety)
- 12oz coconut water, Tapioca starch (if a thickener is needed)
- 1/4 cup red onion (diced)
- 1 bag frozen chopped sweet potatoes
Marinate your meat
Marinate the venison in lime juice, garlic, and coconut milk overnight.
In a large saucepan, melt 2 tbsp of coconut oil over medium heat. Sear the tenderloin for 2-3 minutes on each side.
Hurry with the curry!
Add the red Thai curry past to the coconut milk and garlic leftover from the marinade then mix in the coconut water.
Add the coconut curry mixture to the saucepan with the meat. Bring the mixture to a boil for 30 seconds and then cook covered for an additional 15-20 minutes or until desired doneness.
Sweet AND savory
When the meat is finished cooking, remove it and cover. Add the frozen sweet potatoes to the left-over coconut curry mixture. Stir in red onions and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add tapioca starch as needed to thicken (~2-3 tbsp).
Add sweet potatoes to a serving bowl. Add pieces of sliced tenderloin and avocado. (I also used a radish to lighten the mood of this dish.)