- 4 ground organic turkey patties
- a few spoonfulls of coconut oil, melted
- a few handfuls of organic baby spinach
- a bit of red onion, sliced into rings
- a few splashes of balsamic vinegar
- 2 sweet apples (fuji, gala, etc)
Brush both sides of the turkey patties with the melted coconut oil for some extra flavor.
Cook your burgers to desired doneness using a grill pan on the stove or your barbeque.
Prepare your apple “buns” by slicing apples vertically about 1/2″ thick until you have at least 8 slices.
Build your burger by stacking an apple slice, then turkey patty, then some spinach leaves, then a few rings of onion. Use a splash of vinegar instead of the traditional ketchup and top it off with another slice of apple.
Grab it with your hands, take a big bite, and enjoy!
NOTE: If you plan to prepare the apple slices ahead of time, they will get brown if they sit out more than a few minutes. Brush them with a little lemon juice (or other acidic-type juice) to stop that from happening.