What is Neck
The neck is the part of the body, on several terrestrial or secondarily aquatic vertebrates, that distinguishes the head from the torso or trunk. The neck supports the head and keeps it aligned with the body. It’s at the highest most part of the spine. The spine additionally runs through the middle and therefore the lower back. The neck is created from vertebrae, joints, and muscles. The vertebrae are the bones of the spine. They shield the medulla spinalis within it and provide support for muscles and joints.
Function of the neck:
The main obvious operate of the neck is to carry up the head. The neck additionally contains many blood vessels that enable blood to achieve the head and therefore the brain. The neck contains the trachea and a part of the gullet, which permit air and food/water to achieve the body, severally. The neck also contains the higher spinal cord, that controls body movements and is connected to the brain stem within the neck.
Benefits of Neck Exercise:
Exercising your neck will build it stronger, a lot of versatile and scale back neck pain that’s caused by stress and fatigue.
Exercising the neck muscles has 3 benefits:
• It strengthens the muscles of the neck, upper back, and shoulders
• It makes the neck a lot of versatile, increasing it is vary of motion
• It relaxes the neck and reduces pain
Lying Neck Retraction Isometric
• You lie supine (face up) on the mat.
• Push your head into the mat and hold the position for 10 seconds.
• Relax and repeat.
This exercise may be prescribed to strengthen the Splenius without neck flexion. The target muscle is the Splenius. This stretch is very good for tight muscles in the back of the neck.
Tips for Neck Exercise:
• Before you begin a neck exercise program, consult with your healthcare supplier, particularly if you have got had a neck accident or a history of neck problems.
• Stretch slowly, and avoid explosive movement. Concentrate to your muscles stretching.
• When you have got stretched it as so much because it will well go, hold for five seconds, then slowly come to the initial position.
• Breathe slowly and deeply as you exercise. Never stretch to the purpose wherever it’s no longer comfortable.
• Go to the purpose wherever you’re feeling a mild tension, and relax as you hold the stretch. The sensation of tension should go away as you hold the position.
• If it doesn’t ease off slightly and notice a quantity of tension that’s comfortable for you.
• Do five repetitions for every exercise unless your healthcare supplier has requested a distinct variety of repetitions.