Pink Changes her Color
Pink is usually being talked about because of her bad girl ways rather than her fitness. However, that has changed as of late. Anyone who saw the nearly nude Pink drenched in water and suspended from a trapeze at the Grammy Awards knows what I mean. So, how did she get that svelte physique? Pink has a few favorite things she does to keep it fun, but at the end of the day, she sticks to fat loss fundamentals. For cardio, Pink jogs along beaches, a great way to get into the zone mentally out while also dropping those unwanted pounds. Pink is also no slouch when it comes to living dangerously. Pink enjoys extreme sports from bungee jumping, skydiving, and trapeze movement or pretty much anything else that gets her blood pumping and the rush of adrenaline shooting through her veins. Although we don’t all have the funds or the desire to live this adventurous and active lifestyle of Pink, we can find what does work for us and make the commitment to ourselves to do it. For example, Pink also enjoys boot camp type workouts, circuit training, yoga, kickboxing, and Pilates—all things you can also do. For Pink it’s all about change and variety. Not only is it great for your psyche to change it up, but your body will thank you too. Change does a body good because it keeps it guessing and this guess work means your body will learn, adapt, and progress as it experiences new movement and new muscles are engaged. If you’re not the kind of person to do something different every day then, I recommend changing your workouts about every 4-6 weeks. You will find this approach to be highly motivating and your will see results quicker.
Here’s how you can approach a fun, high variety workout to get a body like Pink:
Step 1: Warm-up for 20 minutes at 65-85% of your heart rate to break a sweat on the treadmill, jumping rope, and doing jumping jacks.
Step 2: Prepare yourself for the workout while warming up. Focus on being in the moment.
Step 3: Move to the first weight training circuit. The goal is to do 4 sets super setting the two exercises together. Rest is only allowed if needed.
|Push ups||10||4||0||To failure||3-1-3||4.7|
|Pull ups||10||4||0||To failure||3-1-3||4.7|
Step 4: Jump on the treadmill for 5 minutes at 85-95% of your max hear rate
Step 5: Move to the second weight training circuit. The goal is to do 4 sets super setting the three exercises together. Rest is only allowed if needed.
|Walking lunges||15||4||0||To failure||3-1-3||7|
|Backward lunges||15||4||0||To failure||3-1-3||7|
|jumping jacks||100||4||0||High||x-0-x||4 min|
|Total time||18 min|
Step 6: Jump on the treadmill for 5 minutes at 85-95% of your max hear rate
Step 7: Move to the third weight training circuit. The goal is to do 4 sets super setting the three exercises together. Rest is only allowed if needed.
|Side planks||1 min||4||0||Hold||1 min||4|
|Super mans||1 min||4||0||Hold||1 min||4|
Step 8: Cool down on the treadmill for 5 minutes at 30-45% of your max hear rate
Step 9: Finish by taking your time to reflect on your workout. Were you 100% focused? Did you push yourself as hard as you wanted to? Could you have pushed harder? What held you back?
Because Pink appears to be is all about living life and enjoying things, her approach to food appears to be no different. She enjoys all her favorite treats and pleasures 20% of the time. The other 80% of the time she is all about eating healthy and drinking plenty of water. Remember that the water recommendation is that you drink half your body weight in ounces each day. If you workout then you need another liter to replace the one you lost sweating. Bottom line: Be like Pink and have fun, change it up, stay committed, and stay hydrated.